Computer science degrees can be a great way to start a career in coding — but, they’re not the best fit for everyone. We’ve taken a look at a few of the comparisons and contrasts between CS degrees and one of their alternatives, coding bootcamps. Check out coding bootcamps vs. computer science degrees below!
More stats on coding bootcamps vs. computer science degrees
How much do CS degrees cost?
- Average cost of a computer science degree: $167,9682
- Average salary of a computer science graduate: $84,0001
- Average length of computer science degree: 4 years2
How diverse are CS degree programs?
- Amount of female students in computer science degree programs: 19%3
- Amount of non-white students in computer science degree programs: 38%4
How much do coding bootcamps cost?
- Average cost of a coding bootcamp: $12,6433
- Average salary of a coding bootcamp graduate: $70,6983
- Average length of a coding bootcamp: 12 weeks5
How diverse are coding bootcamps?
- Amount of female students in coding bootcamps: 34%3
- Amount of non-white students in coding bootcamps: 34%3
Attending a Climb partner bootcamp and ready to get to the next stage in your career? Sign up for our free ClimbTalent career development platform to access job listings, resources and tools, mentorships, and more!
1 – https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Degree=Bachelor_of_Science_(BS_%2F_BSc)%2C_Computer_Science_(CS)/Salary
2 – https://www.collegecalc.org/majors/computer-science/
3 – https://www.coursereport.com/reports/coding-bootcamp-job-placement-2018
4 – https://www.wired.com/story/computer-science-graduates-diversity/
5 – https://techbeacon.com/app-dev-testing/complete-guide-24-coding-bootcamps