Computer science degrees can be a great way to start a career in coding — but, they’re not the best fit for everyone. We’ve taken a look at a few of the comparisons and contrasts between CS degrees and one of their alternatives, coding bootcamps. Check out coding bootcamps vs. computer science degrees below!
Interested in attending a coding bootcamp?
More stats on coding bootcamps vs. computer science degrees
How much do CS degrees cost?
- Average cost of a computer science degree: $167,9682
- Average salary of a computer science graduate: $84,0001
- Average length of computer science degree: 4 years2
How diverse are CS degree programs?
- Amount of female students in computer science degree programs: 19%3
- Amount of non-white students in computer science degree programs: 38%4
How much do coding bootcamps cost?
- Average cost of a coding bootcamp: $12,6433
- Average salary of a coding bootcamp graduate: $70,6983
- Average length of a coding bootcamp: 12 weeks5
How diverse are coding bootcamps?
- Amount of female students in coding bootcamps: 34%3
- Amount of non-white students in coding bootcamps: 34%3
1 – https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Degree=Bachelor_of_Science_(BS_%2F_BSc)%2C_Computer_Science_(CS)/Salary
2 – https://www.collegecalc.org/majors/computer-science/
3 – https://www.coursereport.com/reports/coding-bootcamp-job-placement-2018
4 – https://www.wired.com/story/computer-science-graduates-diversity/
5 – https://techbeacon.com/app-dev-testing/complete-guide-24-coding-bootcamps