Win a $1,000 scholarship to App Academy’s 16-Week Full-Time Software Engineering Program in New York or San Francisco!
Kickstart a career in the growing technology industry with a career-advancing course at App Academy!
Five (5) winners will receive a $1,000 scholarship to kickstart your career in technology! Please note that this scholarship applies only to the App Academy program in either San Francisco or New York. Apply before April 15th to be considered.
Keep an eye out for more opportunities!
How it works:
- Apply for the scholarship by entering your name and email in the form above — as well as your answers to the short essay questions: “Why are you interested in joining the technology field?” and “How will an App Academy certification help grow your career?“
- Climb and App Academy will choose scholarship winners based on the answer to the short answer questions by April 22nd, 2023.
- App Academy will receive notification of the selected recipients to request the $1,000 scholarship funds for application to students’ account.
- Complete your application at App Academy to receive the value of the Scholarship if selected!
- Be a permanent resident (green card holder) or U.S. citizen
- Currently residing in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age
- Have applied to one of App Academy’s campus-based, full-time software engineering bootcamps (New York: Full-Time Software Engineering Track or San Francisco: Full-Time Software Engineering Program).
- Not a resident of Rhode Island (Scholarship offer void to residents of Rhode Island)
About App Academy:
“Since App Academy started in 2012, we’ve consistently been regarded as one of the top coding bootcamps in the world by students and employers. It’s no wonder we’ve graduated over 5,000 alumni, now working at start-ups and top tech companies.”
Climb Credit (NMLS# 1240013) is an innovative student payments platform that makes career creation and transformation more accessible, affordable, and accountable than ever before. Driven by a mission to empower individuals to unlock their career potential — no matter what their credit profile — Climb identifies programs and schools with a demonstrated ability to improve the earnings of their graduates. Recognizing the dynamic and diverse nature of an economy in rapid change, Climb partners with schools that teach everything from cybersecurity to pilot training, heavy machine operation to data science, and culinary arts to coding. While some colleges are struggling to meet the real-world needs of their students, Climb and its partner schools are committed to an inspiring practicality that brings real career results as individuals Own Their Next.
This promotion (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Climb Credit (“Sponsor”), 6543 S Las Vegas Blvd, Suite 02B137, Las Vegas, NV 89119.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
The contest is open to legal residents of the United States, eighteen (18) years of age and older as of March 15, 2023, excluding employees and immediate family members of Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, advertising, promotional and fulfillment agents, attorneys, and other representatives and the persons with whom each of the above are domiciled.
Each entrant in the Contest must be the rightful owner or have authorized use of the e-mail account indicated by the entrant’s e-mail address. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of a winner submitting an entry, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the email account is opened. The e-mail account must be opened prior to 12:00 a.m. (ET) on March 15, 2023.
Offer void in Rhode Island, and outside the United States and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
To enter, complete the answers to the questions set forth below in the Submission Requirements in the designated spaces according to onscreen instructions at https://climbcredit.com/resources/climb-appacademy-scholarship (the “Web Site”). In order to register, you will also be required to provide a valid email address. You must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Multiple entries are automatically disqualified without notification, and only the first entry will be considered.
To be eligible for consideration, you must submit complete answers to two (2) questions asked in the registration form (the “Submission”):
“Why are you interested in joining the technology field?”
“How will an App Academy certification help grow your career?“
- The Submission must be in English.
- All elements incorporated in the Submission must be an original work created solely by you.
- The Submission must NOT contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, the Submission must NOT include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures.
- The Submission must not contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing.
- Submissions will not be returned and will be destroyed at the end of the Entry Period. Entrants may retain a copy of their submitted entries either in digital or hard-copy form.
- Entrants must meet the criteria to be considered eligible for the program as set forth at the following website: https://www.appacademy.io
Any Submission that Sponsor determines in its reasonable business judgment does not comply with any of these requirements will be disqualified without notice. Submission forms with incomplete information will be disqualified without notification.
The Contest will commence on March 15th, 2023 (12:00 a.m. ET). The last entry will be accepted on April 15th, 2023 (11:59 p.m. ET).
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
The potential winners will be selected by a panel of four (4) judges: two (2) members of the Climb staff and two (2) members of App Academy’s staff (“Judges”), (i) conveyance/articulation of entrant’s interest in joining the technology field (50%), and (ii) the conveyance/articulation of how an App Academy certification will help their career (50%).
If there is a tie of two (2) or more entries for the final position, Climb will compare the tied entries directly based upon the criteria above and make the final determination. Five (5) winners will be selected from among the entries by the Judges based on the same criteria above.
The winners will be chosen on or about April 22nd, 2023.
Offer applies to courses starting on or after April 22nd, 2023 and starting on or before October 30, 2023 at App Academy’s 16-Week Full-Time Software Engineering Program in either San Francisco or New York and cannot be applied retroactively to students already enrolled in or who have already graduated from an App Academy program.
All potential winners will be notified by email. Potential winners will be required to sign and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability (the “Affidavit”), and, if the Affidavit is not returned within three (3) days of notification, the potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and an alternate potential winner will be chosen.
In Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential winner may be disqualified and required to forfeit his/her prize, and an alternate winner may be selected in accordance with these Official Rules from among the remaining eligible entries, if sufficient time exists, if potential winner: (i) is unreachable or winner notification is returned as undeliverable; (ii) declines or cannot accept, receive or use the prize for any reason; (iii) does not comply with these Official Rules; or (iv) winner discontinues to attend school one (1) week after starting the program.
The winner will receive the following:
- A $1,000 scholarship to be applied to the cost of tuition for one of App Academy’s campus-based, full-time software engineering bootcamps (New York: Full-Time Software Engineering Track or San Francisco: Full-Time Software Engineering Program)– Estimated retail value $1,000.00
- Estimated retail value of all prizes $5,000.00
The prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. Sponsor will pay App Academy directly for the winner’s enrollment. The winner will not receive any monies or compensation directly.
By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest and/or these Official Rules. Acceptance of prizes constitutes permission granted to Sponsor and Partner to use the name and likeness of each winner for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation, except where prohibited or restricted by law.
Winners also agree to share with Sponsor, upon request and for no compensation, a commentary of their experience after successfully completing the program.
The winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes).
The entrants release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor, App Academy and their respective, parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and assigns, and their respective employees, attorneys, representatives and agents, including advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability or damages arising from the administration of the Contest and the use or misuse of any prize received in the Contest, including, without limitation, the following: (i) late, lost, incomplete, delayed, misdirected or unintelligible entries, (ii) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest, including, without limitation, entry materials and prize notifications, and (iii) any damage to the entrant’s computer and related equipment and software resulting from entrant’s downloading of information regarding the Contest or participation in the Contest. Entry materials and prize notifications that have been tampered with, altered, or do not comply with these Official Rules are void.
Schools do not endorse loans originated by Climb InvestCo, LLC, and Climb InvestCo, LLC is not affiliated with any school.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem or other causes beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking or employing other unfair practices or by abusing other entrants or the representatives of Sponsor.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND, IN SUCH EVENT, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE THEIR REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING COSTS AND ATTORNEY’S FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
Any dispute arising from the Contest will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of laws principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the State and Federal Courts located in the State and County of New York over them and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
THE ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE QUALITY AND NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
For the names of the prize winner, e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org no earlier than April 22nd, 2023 or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (no postage required from Vermont residents) to App Academy-Climb Credit Scholarship at 6543 S Las Vegas Blvd, Suite 02B137, Las Vegas, NV 89119. All requests for a list of winners must be received by December 31, 2023.
Loans are originated by Climb Investco, LLC (Registered as Climb Credit Investco, LLC in Florida). Schools do not endorse loans originated by Climb InvestCo, LLC, and Climb InvestCo, LLC is not affiliated with any school. Licensing: California Finance Lender #60DBO-44527. NMLS Consumer Access (NMLS# 1240013). SC consumers, view your rights here. NM consumers, view your rights here. NM consumers, view your Loan Rates and Fees disclosure here. See our licenses here.