Our What Career is Right for Me quiz is meant for:
- Those who are finishing high school soon and still don’t know what they want to do after graduation.
- Those who started a higher educational program but are realizing that it’s not what interests them.
- Those who already have a job but are slowly burning out and realizing that it’s not for them.
- Those who love their job but are looking to learn new skills and expand their expertise.
Do you fall into any of these categories? Then take this fun quiz and discover career paths you could possibly pursue!
*This quiz isn’t intended to constitute career advice and students should research career options furthermore before selecting an educational program.
Tips on how to know what career is right for you
- First of all, find which career paths could be a good fit for you.
- Make a list of your skills and compare it to the skills needed to see if any of them is a good match.
- Then prioritize your goals to see if they can be accomplished through these career paths.
- Do you prefer to work in/out of an office?
- Do you want to work by yourself or as part of a team?
- Then, after you narrowed it down — research, research, research!
- Read everything you need to know about the training that’s needed to get the position and what the job actually entails.
- Perhaps take a class related to the field to see if you enjoy learning about it.
- If you’re still interested, get some inside information.
- Reach out to people who work in the field and arrange an informational interview with them.
- If you find that you get along, maybe even ask to shadow them at work for a day.
- Another alternative is applying for internships in order to get some hands-on experience.
- Once you decide on a career path, double-check and see if you have the resources needed to be trained for the job.
- Do you have time in your schedule to go to classes or training?
- Do you have enough money in order to pay for your education, or would need to take out a loan to pay for them?
- If everything seems right, you should be good to go.
We wish you the best of luck and hope you manage to land your dream job!