It’s no secret that there is currently a high demand for teachers. Not only are we in the midst of a vast teacher shortage, but also The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 10% increase in available jobs from 2020 to 2030. In addition, there is much more to education than only teaching. According to PayScale, these are the top five skills that will give your educator salary the biggest boost!
1. Training program development
- Average pay for an educator with training program development skills: $78,987/year
- 53% boost*
- Average pay for an educator with leadership skills: $66,500/year
- 28% boost*
- Average pay for an educator with Mathematica skills: $60,000/year
- 16% boost*
- Average pay for an educator with counseling skills: $58,000/year
- 12% boost*
- Average pay for an educator with training skills: $55,246/year
- 6% boost*
Educator fast facts
- In addition to the base educator salary, you could also earn an additional bonus of up to $10,000, according to PayScale.
- Surveyed educators were, on average, “highly satisfied” with their job.
- In addition to a standard education degree, there are also a number of specializations and certifications you can pursue — such as administration, counseling, curriculum planning, and much more!